Friday, October 15, 2010

Domestic Goddess

It's not quite what I had envisioned but I do believe I am a domestic goddess!

This week I have made Brett's lunch every day, baked numerous lunch box snacks for work and experimented (successfully) with new dinner and dessert recipes. Plus preparing fresh and nutritious meals for Ava, being a full time Mum, doing endless loads of washing and shopping and keeping the house reasonably clean and presentable.

I still draw the line at ironing, sorry Burnsy but you know that was in the marriage fine print. Plus I still have a decent post pregnancy muffin top, my sexy underwear has been replaced with maternity bras and Bridgette Jones Knickers and we no longer have the additional income to visit the beautician & hairdresser - so all maintenance has been DIY and not quite as regular as pre-baby...

I have also decided to make our my environmentally friendly household cleaners. It's important to note that I have just started looking into it, and I am prone to whimsical flights of fancy, particularly when there is major effort involved so we'll see where this goes!

So in the domestic goddess stakes, I am probably more Alice from the Brady Bunch than Bree from Desperate Housewives. Lucky Burnsy!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Nigella. Perhaps you could share one or two of the tricks you have mastered this week?

    ReplyDelete