Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yay, finally some grown up reading!!!

Today I received my advance copy of our dear friend Sean Smith's new book, The Fat Paddler. Well actually, Brett took delivery of it this morning and all I have seen of the book is the front and back cover masking my husband's face as he has not stopped reading it all evening.

It's been so long since I read a book that was not about pregnancy or babies. During the first trimester of my pregnancy I was too nauseous to read a map, let alone a book. Then once I hit the second trimester I read almost every book ever written about pregnancy and beyond and in my last trimester I read all those books once again and would refer back to them over and over. But my brain could not follow the words of a simple novel or biography.

Oh, except of course the two books Ava loves us to read to her every night; Hello Baby and What Does Baby Do? I can recite both books word for word, yet could not recall my husband's mobile phone number if my life depended on it...

I have always loved reading and now I am thrilled I get to share that love of books with Ava. But sometimes it's nice to read something that does not rhyme!

So it is very exciting that the first grown up book I get to read in about 2 years has been written by our talented friend Sean AKA The Fat Paddler. Congratulations Sean, we are all very proud of you!!

The Fat Paddler goes on sale on 1 August. Stay tuned for my review!!




2 comments:

  1. It was certainly a hit with Burnsie! He has finished it already!!

    ReplyDelete