Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birth class part 1

We attended the first day of our birth class today. A long 9.30-4.30 session that went through labour, drug options, types of delivery, caesareans, our fears and the infamous DVD we are all warned about! I found it all very interesting and Brett like all the other expectant Dad's there nearly fell asleep.

And against everyone's advice we both watched the DVD. I did give Brett the option to leave the room, as we were warned by many that it can scar a man. And it seemed to scar a few of the women in the class too, but I was actually really enthralled and amazed! I found it incredibly emotional and cried most of the way through it. Bloody hormones strike AGAIN! But I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I won't get to experience the miracle or pain of natural birth.

The final day is next Sunday, fortunately for Brett no graphic DVD. But he does get to sit through breast feeding and we learn to change nappies and who knows what else!! I'm actually looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment